No matter where I go, whether it's through personal conversation, comments on social media or an email someone sends me, I keep hearing the same things being said over and over...
Reading all this negative stuff, the "if you don't buy this product, your life will go down the toilet" type marketing is making me more and more angry!
I'm tired of the high pressured, scarcity style of selling... it just creates fear-driven action...
How can I sell what I do authentically, without feeling like I'm shoving my stuff in their faces, but while still getting their attention?
I'm fed up with the "make a million" if you do this... it's such nonsense.
How can I make good money doing what I love, without employing the traditional hard sell techniques that do work (even if they do often lead to buyers' remorse)?
A number of people are working on finding ways to share their expertise using authentic marketing - as am I. Isabel Parlett of soundbiteshaman.com is one of those people. I've known Isabel a long time and find her genuine and honest. She is passionate about self-expression through words and teaches her clients to express themselves deeply and uniquely.
I'd like to share with you the three building blocks that Isabel believes allow us to market ourselves effectively and authentically without 'the funky tactics', as she describes modern marketing methods. I'm sharing them with you because I've found this to be true in my marketing too. In Isabel's words, they are:
1. Potent Expression: writing and speaking in a fierce, unflinching way from a deeply rooted place about the things that matter most to you.
2. Straightforward Marketing: direct and unapologetic sharing of who we are, what we believe and what we offer.
3. Sufficient Visibility: showing up consistently and frequently in the world in our 'potent expression' so that our right people can identify and move toward us.
My experience has taught me we need what Isabel has suggested in order to market ourselves effectively but also authentically; and here's the way I'd describe what my experience has taught me is vital:
1. A Consistent Message that speaks from the heart of who you are and what you believe in. Something that when you speak about it, your voice carries the passion and conviction you feel for what you are talking about. Passion and conviction is magnetic, and consistency means people will be more likely to believe you and see you as trustworthy.
2. Confident, Specific Marketing. That is marketing that reflects our confidence in who we are, our place in the world, our convictions and the products or services we share about. Marketing that echoes our Natural Brand and focuses on a specific benefit provided by our products or service. Genuine confidence and clear focus are very compelling.
3. Visibility Is Key! There is no doubt that sometimes people needed to know you exist; if they know you exist then it may be time to remind them you're around. We are so overwhelmed today with all the things coming at us and all the things we are responsible for, we usually only deal what's in front of us. Be visible. Get in front of your audience so if they need you they are more likely to enquire about your services there and then.
What do you think? What's your experience? What works well for you? What advice do you have to share around this topic of effective authentic marketing?
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I love reading your feedback so please do take a moment to share the personal a-ha's this article has raised for you, and what you are going to do differently as a result, in the comments below.
EXPLORE THESE ADDITIONAL RESOURCES
Want to know more?
It Isn't Your Fault Your Ideal Clients Aren't Buying From You
What is Life Purpose?
Also, there are a number of live video recordings on the Hands-on-Business Facebook page where I go into greater detail about different aspects of your life purpose, showing up, your business and what is in your hands and fingerprints.
WORK WITH ME
I'm Helen Elizabeth Evans, a London based life purpose coach and consultant. I work with women in business (and open-minded men!) to powerfully awaken their life purpose work, using a unique combination of scientific hand and fingerprint analysis, deep intuitive skills and practical business acumen running my own businesses for the last 21 years.
I'd love to start a conversation about whether we're a good fit to work together. Simply use this link to arrange an informal chat. There's no hard sell. Just a warm, down-to-earth conversation and a straight forward, honest assessment of whether working with me would be right for you.
I have been running my own businesses from a home office since 1996 and am passionate about business being the vehicle for our freedom. I am also deeply passionate about us each having a purpose on this planet and it's my job to help you find and live yours. I am known as the UK's No.1 Scientific Hand & Fingerprint Analyst as I introduced the system to the UK in 2010. It is the most accurate profiling tool I have encountered. I also have a masters in NLP and have studied astrology and psychology for years - getting your mind to work for you rather than against you!
My clients tell me I am a powerful kick-starter for their purpose, helping them clarify their focus and create an inspired vision aligned with their purpose. They describe me as a highly intuitive, deeply powerful, passionate, authentic and an extremely practical truth teller who makes them laugh, feel safe and free to be their true selves. I help them discover who they really are, find their true purpose, give them a spiritual blueprint for their life expression and help them create a business that is based on their life purpose, so that they can live happy, fulfilled lives without feeling like its all a struggle or just hum drum.